Spot Cancer Early. It Could Save Your Life
You are more likely to survive cancer if you spot the signs and symptoms at an early stage. Take time today to familiarise yourself with the most common signs and symptoms and check your body for changes. Talk to your doctor if you notice anything unusual for you. The chances are that it will not be cancer, but getting it checked out is not wasting anyone’s time.
Find out more about the common signs and symptoms of cancer click here.
General Practice never closed
There has been a big increase in the number of people wanting to see their GP. In recent weeks, across Northern Ireland the total number of consultations is around 230,000 with around 42% of these being converted to a face to face appointment.
This means GPs are seeing around 20,000 patients face to face every day.
Important Patient Notice
To help reduce the potential spread of Covid-19 infection, we are advising the following:
We would request that patients phone reception BEFORE coming to the surgery for any reason.
When you ring us, our staff will ask you some questions to determine your condition and needs. Some of these questions may include if you have a temperature or a cough. These questions help us to determine the best action to take but also helps protect our staff and other vulnerable patients.
If appropriate, you may receive a call back from a Clinician or be given other relevant advice.
If you need a repeat prescription, please:
- Phone the surgery to request your medication or
- Order your medication online (if you are not already signed up for this service, please speak to member of the team and they will help you.)
- You MUST nominate a pharmacy that your prescription can be sent to
- As directed by the Health & Social Care Board we will be providing local pharmacies with contact numbers of patients who use their pharmacy, this will enable them contact patients when prescriptions are ready for collection
If you are unwell & need assistance:
- DO NOT come to the surgery
- PLEASE PHONE the surgery and a member of the reception team will ask you some questions and then advise you on what will happen next.
We will continually monitor the situation with COVID-19 and make changes to process when necessary these will be updated here on our website. We thank you for your ongoing patience & support.